Visa Document Requirements
As part of the Schengen visa application, you will have to submit some mandatory documents when applying for a Denmark visa appointment. For each purpose of entry into this region, the Schengen nations have a list of required documents, and these requirements are almost the same for staying in any of these member states. The list of necessary documents for a successful Denmark Schengen visa application from UK is as follows:
- Denmark Schengen visa application form with the required details and duly signed.
- Two recent photographs, taken within the last 3 months according to the following Schengen visa photo requirements:
- Two recent photos that meet the following criteria’s:
- Identical photos are no older than six months old.
- 35x45mm size.
- A colour photograph with a light background.
- The candidate must maintain neutral expressions with closed mouth while looking straight in the camera.
- It is advised to avoid outfits that match the background and also do not wear uniforms.
- A valid passport that satisfies the following criteria:
- Issued in the last 10 years.
- Two full blank pages are required for visa stamp.
- It should be valid for at least 3 months after you come back to the UK from Portugal.
- After you return to the UK from Denmark, it should be valid for at least three months.
- Prior passports stamped with visas (if any).
- Reservation of a round-trip ticket or the entire travel itinerary. The flight numbers on your ticket must include the dates of your arrival and departure from Denmark. We can take care of almost all of your Schengen visa requirements, including thorough consultation and dummy bookings for hotels and flights.
- Travel insurance policy which demonstrates that you are covered for medical crises, accidents and even repatriation in case of death, within the Schengen area, with a minimum coverage of 30,000 euros. We can provide you the best travel health insurance for visas to all Schengen countries.
- Evidence of accommodation that clearly shows the details of your stay in Denmark throughout your journey. One of the below mentioned possibilities applies here:
- Hotel or hostel booking.
- Rental agreement in case you intend to rent a home during your stay.
- Letter of invitation from your host in Denmark where you will stay during your vacation.
- Proof of finances proving that you can support yourself throughout your visit to Denmark. You must provide one of the following documents:
- Bank statement proving you have enough money in your account to cover your travel expenses. The statement should not be older than three months.
- Letter of sponsorship from your host stating that they will be paying for your trip to Denmark. Along with this letter you must also submit the bank statement of your sponsor. This should not be more than three months old to be considered as valid.
- A combination of both of the above mentioned documents.
Documents Requirements Based on Employment Status
Depending on your employment status you must provide the following documents to successfully apply for Schengen visa from UK for Denmark:
- For Employees
- Employment Agreemen
- Latest six-month bank statement
- Approval from employers for leaves
- Income tax return file
- For Self-Employed
- Your business license
- Bank statement of business of latest six months
- Income tax return of business
- For Retirees
- Last six months pension statement
Documents Requirements for Minors
When applying for a Denmark visa, parents or legal guardians of minors must submit the following additional documents:
- Birth Certificate
- A visa application form must be signed by both parents
- If just one parent has sole custody of the child, a family court order may be necessary.
- Certified copies of both parents’ Passport/ID.
- If the minor will be travelling alone, a notarized parental consent form signed by both parents and guardians is required.